Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Home & Renters Insurance
Whether you own a home or rent an apartment, it’s important to protect your belongings. Home and renter’s insurance policies are designed to protect you and your livelihood from environmental damage, lawsuits and more.
Bourg Insurance understands that your home is a safe place that needs to be protected without being expensive. We’ll help tailor a policy for you and your family’s needs with the right coverage at the right price.
Home Insurance Requirements
Home insurance isn’t required by law, but most mortgage lenders require homeowners to purchase and maintain a certain amount of liability and property coverage. There are three main sections in home insurance:
· Dwelling: Dwelling coverage covers the physical home in case of damage or loss due to fire, wind, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and more.
· Liability: Liability insurance covers third-party bodily injury and property damage that occurs on the insured property.
· Personal Possessions: This coverage offers compensation for lost or damaged items due to the same perils covered under dwelling coverage.
Additional Coverages We Offer
Along with the basics, Bourg Insurance also offers:
· Flood Insurance: Flood damage isn’t covered under a basic home or renter’s insurance policy. We offer separate flood insurance policies to protect against this danger.
· Umbrella Liability Insurance: Umbrella liability insurance adds liability coverage for other liability insurance policies, such as your personal liability and car insurance liability.
· Policy Floaters” There are certain floaters that add extra coverage for items such as jewelry, furs and art.
Home insurance may also cover additional living expenses (ALE), which helps with the cost of temporarily moving elsewhere while the home is being repaired or rebuilt after a disaster.
Protect Your Home Today
Insure your home and your family with a reliable, affordable home or renter’s insurance policy today. Give us a call at 225-490-5678 or fill out an online quote form now.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Home Insurance Claims Can You Make?
It’s generally recommended that you attempt to file less than three claims a year, though this number varies per agency.
What Happens When You Make a Claim on Home Insurance?
When you file a claim, an underwriter from the agency will investigate the claim to determine how much compensation you will receive.
Why Do I Need Renter’s Insurance?
Renters insurance is crucial to protect yourself and your belongings in case of an accident or disaster. Without renter’s insurance, one fire or tornado could sweep away everything you own with no way to replace them.